Monday, December 9, 2013

Joulukuu!!

It's finally December! Well, I guess last P-Day was kinda December as well, but now it really feels and looks like it! 

This email might be a little shorter, but there's just a couple things I wanted to tell you all!

Transfer calls are this Friday! and then we move on Monday/Tuesday! So send anything and everything to the mission office (the Neitsytpolku address) and i'll get it for sure that way. 

Mission Home Address:
Sisar Kathryn Crandall
Neitsytpolku 3 A 4
00140 Helsinki
Finland
Or just wait til next week when I tell you my new/current address! We have no idea what's going to happen, but we've all been in Jyväskylä for a while so we're pretty sure that both of us won't stay, we just don't know who's going where yet! We'll see!

Well this week was sure a fun one! We had lots of awesome lessons with some amazing members who are always willing to sacrifice for us and it helps so much! (The little rides and things make a huge difference when it's -8 outside...)

And then on Friday was Finland's independence day! Which means for us missionaries that we've gotta be inside unless we're in an appointment. Things get pretty crazy on that day apparently... So we ended up doing out weekly planning that day and taking an hour bus ride out to Tikkakoski (google it) to have dinner with our bishop and his family. It ended up being like a 4 hour round trip so independence day was the perfect day to do it since we couldn't do anything else! Out there, we were just outside the city and it was absolutely beautiful! It feels like Narnia out here! Everything is so white and peaceful and I just love it :)

This week we also had a long wait at a bus stop so instead of standing there and freezing to death we walked down to the lake and took a bunch of pictures on it! (No one was outside to talk to...) So those were all the pictures of Sisar Dayton and I on the lake! It's about 1:30 outside. You can tell since the sun is setting... yep, definitely getting used to that! I'm also finally sending home all the birthday and thanksgiving pictures so maybe that'll make up for this short email.



I was very sad to hear about Aunt Marilyn. She is a wonderful lady who always had the spirit with her. She definitely knew who she was and where she was going and I've always looked up to her. I'm praying for her and her family. Sometimes things like this just happen and we all take a step back to re-order our priorities and realize what is really important. And Aunt Marilyn sure had hers straight. I hope we can all remember the reason for the season this month and keep our family close and our testimonies closer. I have great faith in the atonement though and I know that if we can all just try a little harder to be a little better and continue to progress throughout our lives that we will be prepared when our day comes.

Well, I'm doing well. The work is chugging right along and so is the language. I'm excited to see what changes the Lord has in store for me this week and for the rest of my mission. I love and miss you all!

Sisar Crandall


No comments:

Post a Comment