Monday, June 9, 2014

Interim Week!

Hello Family and Friends!

Well this week was awesome! We had Interim which meant that the Kuopio Sisters (Sisar Nielsen and Sisar Bates) were staying at our apartment all week! Fun stuff! So I really don't have a lot of time, but basically Interim was awesome and being with the mission President straight for 3 days really helps me re-focus on missionary work and remember why we're all out here and what we're doing. So yeah, here are some awesome one-liners from the one and only President Rawlings:

"Sharing the love of the Savior is veil breaking"

"The Lord is not just building the kingdom, He's building you"

"What looks like a failure is sometimes a success in God's eyes"

"Following the spirit is the biggest stress reliever on the planet"

"The first hour out of your door will determine your day"

"We didn't come across the ocean so that people could have a discussion with us, we came across the ocean so that they could have a discussion with God"
And last, but not least "These words are pregnant with meaning" (Said while talking about a scripture)
So yeah, he's basically a general authority and I'm always writing as fast as I can while I'm around him. So I guess it's safe to say that I'm re-energized and ready for some awesome missionary work this week!

We were able to go to the temple on Thursday (10 of us missionaries) And that was a super cool experience. I've been 4 times now in the Helsinki temple and not gonna lie, some of the vocab is very unique to the temple so now that I've been there enough times I actually know what's going on in Finnish instead of having to translate it to English in my head. 

(Pic:  Sisar Nielsen, Sisar Johnson, Sisar Bates, and all 4)


So since we had 2 companionships we were able to have double the appointments each night and it went awesome! We ended up teaching a lot of lessons this week and got some awesome potentials and meeting with a ton of less actives. It's just always fun to be on splits.
So one of the main things I loved about Interim was the story in Mark 4:35-31. I love how Jesus knows the end from the beginning. He knows that we're going to the other side and He's in the boat with us. We're never alone. :)

So I hope everyone has an awesome week this week! And a big Happy Birthday to Rhett and Savanna for turning 11! And Happy Father's Day!! (Father's Day is in November here so that threw me off...) I love you all! Thank you for everything!
Sisar Crandall

(Pic:  With Sisar Baliff Visiting, and a Windy Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment