Monday, December 29, 2014

Remember This

Well those of you who have been following my emails for the past year and a half have now read about 80 letters from me. Over that time I've written lots of stories, lessons, insights, experiences, and other things I've learned that have helped me and hopefully have helped you too. During that time I've also been studying Preach My Gospel a lot and I've noticed that there is so much to learn and remember that sometimes it is hard to know where to start. Luckily PMG was set up in such a way that on the back cover is a list called "Remember This" as if to say "If you read this entire guide to missionary service and don't get anything else out of it, at least remember this." So, over the past 18 months, if you can't remember anything else I've ever said or done, at least remember this:

1. I love being a missionary

2. I love the people of Finland

3. "Gratitude is a catalyst for all Christlike attributes" (Pres. Uchtdorf) and if can literally make or break your mission. So I'm so grateful for ALL and EVERY experience I've had out here and all the support I've had from home during it all.

4. Have faith that the Lord can work miracles because "If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease" _-PMG pg 10

5. This is the Lord's work and you must "rely on the spirit rather than on your own talents and abilities" -PMG pg 97

6. "When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments, but you won't be disappointed in yourself" -PMG pg 11

7. "When you put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives" -Pres Ezra Taft Benson

8. "Just as vital as what you do, however, is who you are" PMG pg 115. Learning to be like Christ is a lifelong pursuit" "You follow Christ's example - develop His attributes - one action and decision at a time" PMG pg 123 so just be a little better today than you were yesterday

9. "The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way by which we can find eternal happiness" PMG pg 11

10 "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ" PMG pg 52

This week was a great one and I have so much to tell you all, but not enough time to type all that I'm thinking so just ask me about it later :)

I love you all! I love my Savior and I'm so grateful for him and his sacrifice for me. Have a wonderful week! 

Rakkaudella,
Sisar Crandall

Pictures:
Caroling in the center with the sisters
Last District Meeting! The whole Tampere District
It was a WHITE CHRISTMAS!
The sun came out :)


I got a pic on Santa's lap




2 comments: