Thursday, August 15, 2013

Last Week in the MTC!

Hello there!

So I got my travel plans! I leave the MTC around 7:30 Monday morning and fly to Chicago and then we fly all night to London and then I land in Helsinki around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon (Finland time). I'm so extremely excited! And I've spent the past couple days slowly trying to pack and get ready! I might have a problem with weight because I'm not exaggerating at all, but we have over 15 pounds in books (We weighed them). Apparently Finnish is a hard language, who knew?


So besides getting ready to leave, this week has been crazy! We finnished (haha that joke never gets old) our consecration week yesterday so I'm finally able to speak english again and it feels so weird! I just love the Finnish language so much I'll probably never want (or be able) to speak English again!

Well tomorrow we have "In-field orientation" when we practice street contacting and things like that. So I won't have class and I'm really excited to have a break.
Last Thursday at TRC we taught a real Finnish lady who now lives in Provo to be closer to her family. So it was intimidating teaching a real Finn who spoke very fast (instead of just RMs) but I loved it! Melissa/Camille, do you remember when some elders came to our Elmwood house and taught us about fortifying our families just like Moroni fortified his city in the war chapters? Well we taught this same lesson. We used paper cutouts and it was just a blast. We easily went over our 40 minute lesson allotment because we were having such a good and spiritual experience! I loved it!

Well then on Tuesday we went to the devotional like normal. And guess who spoke?? RICHARD G SCOTT!! He came and talked to us about making our prayers more meaningful and it was awesome. and then at the end of his talk it got all quiet and he very boldly (almost yelling into the microphone) he said "With apostolic authority, I evoke a blessing upon those of you learning a language that you may have the gift of tongues according to your faith" Man that sure was good to hear coming from an apostle with only a couple of days before I get out into the field.

Well I got to go to the temple this morning for my last time in English for a while and it was awesome! I only got to go twice in the MTC so I enjoyed it so much!

Also, this week Aunt Corrine sent my some family reunion pictures! Everyone looks so good! And family, you are all so tan! Holy cow! I also saw the group picture of everyone and I gotta admit I'm pretty sure there were some Evans grandkids I didn't even know existed. And I'm sure that'll continue while I'm gone so keep me updated!

Well really this week was great and surprisingly I'm not nervous to go to Finland or anything. Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet. Yeah I don't think I'll really ever grasp this concept for at least 16 months. Maybe on my plane ride home I'll realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity to serve!

Well I love this work and I love all of you! Thank you all for your support and love and letters. They just make my week :) I hope you're all praying for missionary experiences in your own life as well as supporting your local missionaries. Trust me, they need it!
Well I know this church is true and I love this gospel! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now! (Okay maybe in Finland already...) Look forward to my exciting email next week! I'm sure I'll have a lot to say!

My address in Finland is:

Sisar Crandall
Finland, Helsinki Mission
Neitsytpolku 3 A 4
FI-00140 Helsinki
Finland

And my email is:
Rakaudella,
Sisar Crandall


District Picture and Alyssa Hundley from BYU


Elder Friends

Jordynn Alston from Mountain View and Steven Grossen from BYU

No comments:

Post a Comment