Thursday, August 8, 2013

One a Week and a Half Left!

Terve!!
 
Well I only have about a week and a half left in the MTC and it's very exciting!! This week is Consecration Week where we choose things to give up so we can really focus on the Lord. We're (the Finns) all giving up English, which means I haven't said a word of English in about 2 days and right now it's pretty weird writing in English as well. It's teaching me a lot about how much more I need to learn, but also showing me how much I know and it's a really great experience to completely rely on the Lord to get by on a daily basis. So I won't speak English until next Wednesday! Finnish is coming along slowly, but steadily. We're still learning new things (like entirely new tenses/grammar principles) every day and it's kinda frustrating that we haven't even been exposed to all of Finnish yet, but I'm so excited to get to Finland and just learn exponentially!!
 
Other than that nothing is too exciting here in the MTC. We got a new investigator this week named Emma who's excited to come to church but her boyfriend doesn't want her too... Oh well, I can work with that:) We also had another investigator get baptized last Saturday which means we get to teach all the post baptism lessons now and I'm excited for that!
 
Mom, I'm glad you were able to meet the other moms, sounds fun! I should also get my travel plans this week so I'll send them to you as soon as I know!! 2 weeks from today I'll be teaching lessons in Finnish in Finland!! It's crazy but I absolutely can not wait!!
 
The reunion sounds awesome! All the kids told me about their favorite parts and I sure do miss Uncle Chris' silly songs! I also heard multiple times how adorable Matthew and Hailey's kids were so I'm glad you guys love your cousins so much :) I also heard about Grandpa and Grandmas testimonies and Matthew's lesson and Heber's baptism and I'm just so glad I have such an awesome family :)
 
Thank you so much for the wonderful letters and Dear Elders this week! I'm way too spoiled! I got some very cute ones from Allyson and Justin's family and I'm excited to write them back!!
Also, Shout out to Camille for starting school this week, let me know how it goes!! And shout out to Rhett for writing me a letter completely in Finnish!! The grammar was perfect as well and I could totally understand it!! Way to go bud!! I also get to go to the temple next week for the first time in about 6 weeks and I'm very excited!! And pretty soon I get to go to the Helsinki temple!!
 
Well I have a lot of pictures to send home today (I ran into Sister Bailey, my roommate, and it was awesome!) So today's letter is a little shorter, but I'm just so excited to be on a mission! I've had some wonderful and happy times in my life, but I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am when i'm in the MTC preparing to serve the Lord! And I'm sure it'll only get better in Finland! It really is awesome to always have the spirit with me. Not because I want it, but because I NEED it.. There's no way I could teach 3 Finnish lessons a day without it.
 
This week my challenge is to all of you to look up your favorite scripture and send it to me. I'm always looking for new good ones!! I know you all have one so please let me know what they are!!
 
I love you all so much!! Minä rakastan teitä tosi paljon!! Thanks for all the love and support! I couldn't do it without you! Til next week!
 

Sisar Crandall


Favorite Chileans


Another District Pic . . . I love these gals!


Sister Evans and Elder Bailey (BYU Roomate and Friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment