Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Week of Travels

Well hello there!!

This week was another awesome one! 
 
To start off, I got a package! From dad! It was awesome. My favorite part by far was the peanut butter. They have it here, but it's never the same.
 
The main thing that happened was that we had Zone Conference in Tampere this week! It was really cool to get out of Jyväskylä and see some more of Finland. Man this country is beautiful. So we woke up at 530 to catch a 635 bus and a 720 train to Tampere. Then the conference started and President spoke to us until about 5pm. It was long, but very spiritually uplifting and motivated our zone a lot. We also have to take a language test whenever we're at zone conference to see where we're coming with the language. Yeah let's just say I need to keep studying... 
 



The work this week has been great. We met with a former investigator Saturday night and she prayed and agreed to come to General Conference and is really coming along great. No idea why she stopped investigating because she has a testimony so I'm excited to see her progress very quickly!
 
Also, yesterday I started my work as a Finnish Math Tutor. Oh boy. It went surprisingly well, but it still was in Finnish and I had to translate quite a few words. It almost made me feel like I didn't know Finnish at all, but then I realized that these are words that no missionary would ever learn. Like radius, angle, radian, circumference and everything else so yep, lots of new vocab!
 
I'm in Helsinki right now and literally have 20 minutes to email so sorry this is so short, I'll make up for it next week. Just want to say I love you all and I'm doing great! And I'll be sure to have lots of stories next week! I'm praying for Melissa and Hyrum and I'm excited to log on next week and see him! Be safe! K love you all!

Sisar Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment